WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies do not store any of your personal or sensitive information (like your name or payment information). They can, however, remember the link (or web address) which is associated with that information; the information itself will be stored securely, in encrypted form.
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
We use a number of different cookies for different purposes. It’s important to note that if you don’t enable cookies, you may not be able to properly access the Website or make purchases through the Website. Most browsers automatically have cookies enabled but please see the section Managing Cookies for help to turn them on if you need to.
- Functional cookies: These include: cookies that are essential for the Website to function effectively; cookies that remember your preferences are settings; and cookies to help identify security and fraud risk. We use these cookies to let the Website work effectively and to give you the best possible shopping experience.
- Marketing and advertising cookies: These cookies remember that you have visited the Website (and the specific pages on the Website) and can then be used to create relevant and meaningful advertisements or communications for you. These adverts may be placed on third party websites.
- Analytics cookies: These can be divided into two types: first-party cookies and third-party cookies. First-party cookies are used to help improve the Website, discover shopping habits and page views, identify unique visitors, and generally understand the way in which people come to the Website. Third-party cookies, like Google Analytics help measure how people who visit the Website interact with it.
- Social cookies: These are social media plugins (like the Facebook “like” button) and other tools that are meant to provide or improve the content of the Website.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
We utilise a number of cookies on the Website developed by third parties.
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to better understand who is visiting the Website and to improve the shopping experience. You can read more about how Google Analytics works here:https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/. If you want to opt-out of Google Analytics, you can download their add-on here:https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
HOW LONG DO COOKIES LAST?
The answer differs depending on the type of cookie. The key distinction is whether the cookie is a “session” cookie or a “persistent” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing (i.e. until you leave the Website); while persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most persistent cookies will expire between 30 minutes and 2 years after they are downloaded.
You can manage cookies in various ways. Please remember that unfortunately removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of the Website may no longer work for you.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as:www.allaboutcookies.org.