PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you provide us
“Sign up Information”: Sign up Information is information that you provide to us such as your email, name, telephone number, or country, but is not connected to an order. To the extent we offer a “My Account” or “My Profile” service, we may also request additional information on you and your preferences for the purpose of your account.
If we offer a referral programme, and a friend of yours has provided us with your personal information - such as your name and email address - we will store that information. We will contact you via email using the information provided to us by your friend; you can unsubscribe at any time - please see the Section Marketing, Promotions and Offers.
“Order Information”: When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Website, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit or debit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We will also collect information on your transaction history, including the products purchased and the frequency of purchase.
Information we collect automatically
When you visit the Website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Website, and information about how you interact with the Website.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Website.
Information we collect from other sources
“Social Media Information”
Subject to your preferences in your social media accounts, and subject to applicable law, if you access our services via a social media site, we may collect information from the social network.
If you interact with us on social media, we may collect information such as your username, name, location, or email address.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use your personal information in a number of different ways, but only as the law allows us to.
Sign up Information
We use this information to communicate with you. When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, we may use this information to provide you with information, marketing material, promotions, offers or other advertising relating to our Products.
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Website (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information, marketing material, promotions, offers or other advertising relating to our Products.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk or fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize the Website (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Website, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We may also use device information to place targeted advertisements with third parties.
Social Media Information
We use Social Media Information in order to communicate with you and provide, maintain and improve our services.
MARKETING, PROMOTIONS AND OFFERS
While we hope you find our marketing, promotions and offers to be helpful communications, we understand that sometimes preferences change. You can stop receiving these communications at any time by following the “unsubscribe link” in the communication or by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that it may take a couple of days for us to process your request.
When you opt-out of these communications, this will not apply to other personal information - like Order Information - that we need to be able to effectively run our business and fulfil our obligations to you.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties (including group companies), which may be located in a jurisdiction outside of the UK, to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
- We use Shopify to power our online store which means we need to provide Shopify with your Personal Information in order for us to operate the Website and fulfil any orders you place via the Website. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here.
- We use Klaviyo Inc., to facilitate email collection and marketing. You can read more about how Klaviyo, Inc., uses your Personal Information here.
- If you pay via a Buy Now, Pay Later option, we use Klarna to facilitate the service and all associated payments. In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you. General information on Klarna you can find here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna's privacy statement.
- We use a third party distribution centre based in the UK to process your orders. We need to share Order Information with the distribution centre in order to ensure your order gets fulfilled. We have contractual obligations in place with your distribution centre to ensure your Personal Information is being processed in compliance with all applicable law.
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Website - you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information with our group companies, professional advisors, or to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we may use your Personal Information (in particular, Device Information) to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. Targeted advertising may be based customer profiling derived from the data we hold about you These adverts are hosted on third party websites, based on your browsing history or purchases from the Website.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by going to the following websites:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter the Website’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European or UK resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us via the contact details set out in “Contact us” below.
Additionally, if you are a European or UK resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example, if you make an order through the Website), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect any information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13 you may look at the Website but you may not make a purchase, register or submit any personal information to us. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of 13 on the Website, we will delete the information from our records.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Bolt Beauty Limited, 71-75 Shelton Street, London, WC2H 9JQ.
If you would like to make a complaint about the way in which we process your personal information or how we have handled your inquiry or request, you can do so with the Information Commissioner’s Office (or ICO): https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS’ EMPLOYEES
We also collect personal information such as name, job title and area of employment, email address, and telephone number of employees of its suppliers and distributors, consultants or other service providers. We collect this information to communicate with our third party service providers and carry out our business effectively. Please note that we may provide your personal information to third parties, which may be located outside of the UK, in order for us to carry out our business. You can refer to the section entitled “Sharing Your Personal Information” above, to learn more about how we share information with third parties. Please also note that you have the rights set out in the section entitled “Your Rights” above.